Call for Proposals
The ADHA24 Annual Conference will be held in New Orleans, Louisiana, July 26 ‒ 28, 2024. This is an extraordinary opportunity for dental hygienists to engage in exceptional formal and informal learning experiences that help to advance their own professional development, improve patient care, and offer insights into the latest developments and trends in dental hygiene. Click Here to Start Your Submission Now!
ADHA is seeking education proposals for consideration for the ADHA24 Annual Conference.
The proposed education should be founded in sound adult learning principles and reflect evidenced-based, cutting-edge thinking informed by current theory, research and practice.
With the objective of delivering the utmost learning experience for all conference attendees, ADHA reviewers may give preference may to proposals that are positioned to deliver a balanced mix of the following:
- Innovative, cutting-edge and evidence-based
- Practical application with evidence supported by research/data
- Explores issues important to dental hygienists at varying stages of expertise
- Consideration given to any dimensions of diversity, equity and inclusion relevant to the selected topic
- Practicing dental hygienists in areas across clinical, education, research and public health
- Dental hygienists at different stages on their learning path, ranging from student to 25+ years of work experience
- Strong desire for interactive sessions and hands-on practice of skills attendees can implement upon returning to their offices, classrooms or clinics
As you develop your proposal, please consider the following four topic areas or tracks that align best with your content. For details on these topic areas see About the Education.
|Oral Health Literacy
||The Roles of the Dental Hygienist
ADHA offers a pre-set travel stipend/honorarium compensation package for ADHA24 Annual Conference-accepted lectures and hands-on sessions, as follows:
- All speakers receive complimentary Annual Conference registration.
- The speaker submitting the course proposal is considered the primary speaker.
- The primary speaker’s first accepted course is assigned an honorarium package totaling $750 USD. The primary speaker determines the distribution of the honorarium among all participating speakers for that course.
- Each additional course or repeated course from the same primary speaker accepted for presentation at the conference is assigned an honorarium package totaling $500 USD. The primary speaker determines the distribution of the honorarium among all participating speakers for that course.
- Honoraria payments are made via ACH transfer within three weeks after completion of the conference and distributed as indicated by the primary speaker.
Proposal Process & Selection Criteria
1. Peer Reviewers
Members of ADHA are in the best position to inform the association of what attendees want to see at their annual conference. Therefore, ADHA supports an ad hoc CE Peer Review group to act as peer reviewers for all received proposal submissions. CE Peer Reviewers review sessions that fall into their primary and secondary areas of expertise (clinical, public health, education, research, professional development). Proposals are evaluated on each of the following criteria:
2. ADHA Staff
- Evidenced-based content
- Program design
- Instructor qualifications
- Overall quality
We pride ourselves as an organization employing some of the best and most qualified staff in the association industry, each bringing unique perspectives and experiences for producing high quality conferences. Staff utilize feedback from the CE Peer Reviewers to develop the conference schedule and identify content gaps.Click Here to Start Your Submission Now!
Deadline for submissions: October 20, 2023.
Please contact the ADHA Education team at firstname.lastname@example.org